Friday, February 10, 2012

A good day. A normal day.

Today was a good day.  Does that mean that tomorrow will be a good day?  Maybe.  Who's got time to think about tomorrow?  I'm too busy basking in the glow of a day that was, well,  good.

Worst part? I'm not really too sure I know what made it a good day.   Looking back, we didn't  do anything particularly "out of the ordinary".  It's not like we went to the zoo.  In fact, I think it was probably a little dull today, what with food shopping, and the same old visit to Carl Schurz park.  Finn was actual a bit too peppy for my taste.  For him, everything was fun and exciting.  He was making friends, sharing toys, the whole deal.  While I sat quietly on the bench drinking a cup of coffee, Finn was off growing up.


With the new baby coming in a couple of months, it nice having these just normal days.  Although at times they can be grinding and repetitive.  I mean, how many times can I say, "We don't feed the dog!", "Sit down in that chair, on your bottom, Mr!" and "Say help, please if you need something".  We all get worn out, at any job.  But those days where the schedule works, the stomachs are full, the legs are tired, and tomorrow, to us and them, is exciting, are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment